Don’t forget that Monday 30th September (tomorrow) is the final closing date for MD photo comp.
Come on let 105BS show the rest of the Districts how to do it !
Have pasted rules below.
Roar Baby !
PR & MARKETING INSIGHT
Helping you raise the profile of
Lions in your community
PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Our intention is to create the first online photo-library display of outstanding images of Lions clubs activities for the British Isles and Ireland.
The good quality images chosen from the competition entries will be used on our new MD website (currently under development), in the inaugural Lions Community Report and other Public Relations/Marketing materials.
The photo library will offer an indispensable tool for promoting Lions and its programmes both online and in printed media.
Closing date for submission of images for 2012-2013 is September 30th, with the winning entries to be announced during October 2013.
The competition will be an on-going event, so you should start collating your best images over the coming months for consideration as winning entries for the online photo library once the initial 100 images have been chosen.
In the future we will also be looking for short video clips (up to 3 minutes long) that show the ‘fun’ side of Lions, so please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. if you are interested.
A picture not only paints a thousand words, it can be the best form of publicity for Lions. This is why the Public Relations and Marketing team is launching a new competition for Lions members, clubs and districts in the British Isles and Ireland, to gain wider recognition for producing the highest standard of promotional images.
To launch the image library, we are looking for the best 100 photographs taken by Lions members and clubs over the past year. Members can submit their own photographs, or Clubs can submit individual or a portfolio of images.
These will be judged impartially by a panel of professionals, with recognition given for specific photographs and collections collated from a year’s activities. There will be a number of special awards made, in addition to the satisfaction of having your images representing Lions in multi-media formats.
Lions members and Lions Clubs can submit as many photographs as they wish, either as: • individual entries
• a collection of images regarding a particular project, programme, activity or event
• a portfolio of mixed images representing a year’s activities
Note: A collection or portfolio may comprise between three and twenty individual images. The judging criteria will include: originality, image quality, technical ability, composition, inclusion of the Lions logo and representation of the positive spirit of Lionism. We encourage creativity and imagination on identifying relevant images that capture the work of Lions in raising money, delivering services or projects, planning or undertaking activities and/or having fun.
If you have any further questions regarding the photographic competition, please contact:
Lion Mandy on 01204 435340
or email: email@example.com
Awards will acknowledge individual Lions, Lions Clubs and districts as follows:
• All chosen 100 images will go on public view, including publication in the online photo-library, with acknowledgement given to the submitting Lions member, club and district
• Images from the photo-library will be included in Lions MD Public Relations and Marketing material, including the new website and inaugural Lions Community Report
• Images within the photo-library will be offered to media and other partner organisations to help promote Lions and its activities
• A short-list of the best photographs will be compiled and entrants of these will be invited to attend the launch of the inaugural Lions Community Report
• The top three winning entries will be selected for best individual image, collection and portfolio (as above), with the Lions member, their Lions club and district presented with awards at the launch event.
• An additional award will be presented to the club and to the district submitting the greatest number of images chosen within the top 100 photographs
Issue 6: August 2013
Copyright © 2013 Lions Clubs International MD 105 British Isles and Ireland, All rights reserved.
To join the Lions PRO Newsletter mailing list, subscribe via this link.
Public Relations & Marketing: Photography Competition
RULES & CONDITIONS:
1. The competition is open to all Lions members, representing clubs in the British Isles and Ireland only.
2. Photographs taken by non-Lions or members of the public are not eligible unless full permission has been transferred to the Lion who enters the image (as below).
3. The selection of entries is entirely at the discretion of the judging panel and no correspondence regarding its decision will be entered into.
4. All submissions must be accompanied by the name of the Lion club member, club and district and clarify that copyright and permission of any featured individuals has been obtained for Lions’ use. Click here to download Lions’ Photo/Video Authorisation Form [short link: http://ow.ly/oiTRi]. All photographs should have been taken within the British Isles and Ireland, responsibly and adhere to legal requirements regarding taking of images in public places.
5. Copyright of the chosen images will remain with the photographer/entrant (as applicable), who, by entering this competition agrees to Lions Clubs International, British Isles and Ireland, using the images for exhibition, publication and promotional use both online and in any suitable print medium.
6. Only online entries may be submitted, using high resolution digital format. Prints or entries via email or disc are not permitted.
7. All entries are required to be submitted using the free online system, Wetransfer, available at website: www.wetransfer.com. No charge will be made. Up to 2GB of photographs can be transferred at any one time. Competition entries must be sent via Wetransfer to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. There is no cost to enter images, but all production and incidental costs involved in submitting are the responsibility of the entrant.
9. Images submitted should be no smaller than 800kb and no larger than 5MB, and saved as either JPEG or TIFF files, in RGB colour mode.
10. All images must be available in high resolution suitable for printing in PR and marketing materials.
11. Images should have been taken between 1 January 2012 and 30 September 2013 for consideration in the initial Top 100 photo-library, and be submitted online by midnight on 30 September 2013.
12. Entries should clearly state if images have been scanned from prints or film negatives into a digital file. It is acceptable for images to have been enhanced using digital software, for example to remove blemishes or to improve colour or composition.
13. Entrants should retain a copy of any submitted photographs with Lions assuming no responsibility should the original images be lost by the photographer/entrant