THE TWO SAINTS WAY WALK SPONSORSHIP SHEET Sponsor Form.
THE TWO SAINTS WAY WALK
Mon 13th– Fri 17th May 2013
Lions Pam & Rick Talbot plan to complete the new Long Distance Path, ‘The Two Saints Way’, between Chester Cathedral and Lichfield Cathedral – a distance of 90 miles following an ancient pilgrim’s route between the two Cathedral cities.. They plan to complete the complete route over 5 days, and cordially invite fellow Lions and friends to join them on one or more of the stages or perhaps even the whole of the route raising money for their own or a Lions charity. (or Rick & Pam’s)
The route is way marked in it’s entirety from Chester to Lichfield with the logo shown above right and is mostly flat or undulating apart from the stage over Cannock Chase from Milford to Cannock Wood.
The Stages are as follows:
Stage 1 . Chester to Nantwch
Stage 2 Nantwich to Stoke on Trent
Stage 3 Stoke on Tent to Stafford
Stage 4 Stafford to Marquis Drive Visitors Centre- Cannock Chase
Stage 5 Marquis Drive to Lichfield Cathedral
The walk has an alternative title, The TwoPensHipKnee Walk. (Tuppence Ha’penny) – two daft old pensioners (2 P’s) one who has had a hip replacement recently (Pam) and the other with arthritic knees doing a bit for charity whilst still mobile. Hence the TWO PENS-HIP-KNEE Walk
Lions Pam & Rickare walking for our chosen charity which is HAE UK, which supports sufferers and does valuable research into Hereditary Angio Oedema, an ailment which is hereditary within our family, with Rick, and our daughter both sufferer’s with our grand – daughter also having been recently diagnosed as well. The charity has recently lost its prime funding support ‘Jeans for Genes’ so need every penny they can raise to research this debilitating condition. (HAE)
THE TWO SAINTS WAY WALK
- Four Way marked Stages across beautiful countryside.
- Walking as a group on each stage.
- You need to arrange transport –it is not a loop walk.
ESSENTIAL SAFETY STUFF
- Parts of the walk may be muddy especially along towpaths
- Parts of the walk is hilly, especially around Newcastle and over Cannock Chase.
- Walkers should wear stout walking footwear and carry waterproofs
- All must adhere to the Country Code
- Dogs welcome but must be on a lead at all times especially near grazing animals.
- Carry plenty of water and snacks, although we will utilise any cafe’s , pubs en route.
START and FINISHING POINTs
- Doors of Chester Cathedral (Start)
- Doors of Lichfield Cathedral (Finish)
WHAT TO DO WITH THE MONEY
When you have collected all your money then you need to do one of two things:
- Your Own Nominated Charity – Inform Rick & Pam of Your Charity and the Total Amount raised .
- Pam & Rick’s Charity Send your completed form and the total remittance on a cheque made out to Gnosall Lions Club with Two Saints Walk written on the back of the cheque by 10th June to Lion Rick Talbot, Wits End,
56. Audmore Road, GNOSALL Staffs. ST20 0HE (Tel 01785 823177)
Many thanks for your support